Rending the Veil (RTV) is in the business of serving the magical community, and any information you share with us is used only for internal business purposes to facilitate our service. We do not sell your personal information to any other service provider or advertiser. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to contact us. Read below for details on how we utilize the information you provide.
Information We Collect
- RTV collects personal information that you provide when you register with us, use Rending the Veil products or services available on the Rending the Veil site or post content on a RTV submission, forum, blog, gallery and/or comment.
- RTV may also collect personal information you provide to us when you enter any promotions or sweepstakes offered on the Rending the Veil site.
- RTV may also collect information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners. This information might include information necessary to process payments due to us from you such as your credit card number, at such a time as we offer paid services.
- RTV automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and the pages you request.
How We Use This Information
Rending the Veil may occasionally obtain IP addresses from users depending upon how you access our web site. IP addresses, browser and session information may be used for various purposes, including to:
- Diagnose and prevent service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- Estimate the total number of users visiting RTV from specific geographical regions, and other demographic information.
- Help determine which users have access privileges to certain content, services or resources that we offer.
- Monitor and prevent fraud and abuse.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set; however, if you configure your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use RTV products or services that require you to “sign in” and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings on the Rending the Veil site.
Rending the Veil may use its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- Require you to re-enter your Rending the Veil password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using RTV‘s services.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve Rending the Veil‘s content and services.
- Rending the Veil may let other entities that show advertisements on some of our web pages set and access their cookies on your computer, at such times as we allow advertising. These other entities’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, and not this policy. Advertisers or other entities do not and will not have access to RTV‘s cookies.
- Rending the Veil does not share personal information we learn about you from your use of the Service or this website with others except as described in this policy. We do not share your information with unrelated third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- When you provide personal information through using the Service you are however sharing your personal information with RTV, organizations that may hold a majority interest in RTV, their divisions or subsidiaries and, Rending the Veil and any of its divisions or subsidiaries. The use of your personal information by these organizations is subject to this policy.
- At any given time, general information regarding the statistical usage of this website may be monitored by our webhost. You can read their privacy policies at their website.
- We do not share your information with unrelated third parties for their direct marketing purposes. However, Rending the Veil may eventually display targeted advertisements based on personally non-identifiable information (such as browser type and IP address) and/or personal selection.
- Rending the Veil may use your personal information where it is necessary for us to complete a transaction, to operate or improve RTV and related products and services, to do something that you have asked us to do, or tell you of products and services that we think may be of interest.
- Rending the Veil may use your email address to contact you with required email messages about the Service.
- Where you are contacted with an offer or service based on information you have shared with RTV, we will do our best to provide you with an opportunity to opt out of receiving such further communications at the time you are contacted.
- When you post a message, your Rending the Veil ID or alias that you are posting under may be visible to other users.
- When you post a message on Rending the Veil Blog Sites, you have the ability to post a message which may include personally identifiable information about yourself; consequently, you should understand that if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return, and we cannot be responsible for the use of any information you post publicly.
- Rending the Veil does or may share personally identifiable information about you under the following circumstances:
- In the course of operating our business it may be necessary or appropriate for us to provide access to your personal information to others such as our service providers, contractors and select vendors so that we can operate the Service and our business. Where practical, we seek to obtain confidentiality agreements that are consistent with this policy and that limit others’ use or disclosure of the information you have shared.
- We may transfer personal information to certain advertising partners that you have explicitly requested to receive information from. It will be clear at the point of collection who is collecting the personal information and whose privacy statement will apply.
- We may share your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, if in our judgment, disclosure is required or appropriate in such circumstances.
If there is ever a change to how Rending the Veil uses or intends to use personal information, we will post that change to this policy and, if the new policy is materially less restrictive than this policy, we will seek your consent.
Special Notice Regarding Children
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) requires that we inform parents and legal guardians about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from children under 13 years of age. Rending the Veil is not directed at children under 13 years of age, but we recognize that with proper adult supervision some parents might permit their children to visit RTV and use our Service. COPPA requires that we obtain the consent of parents and guardians in order for children under 13 years of age to use certain features of Rending the Veil.
When your child attempts to register and/or provide personal information to RTV, we require a parent or legal guardian to:
- Complete the registration;
Once parental notice and consent has been verified, the information we collect will be treated the same as information collected from any other user of Rending the Veil. Without verified parental notice and consent, we will not knowingly collect personal information relating to children under 13 years of age, and if we learn that we have inadvertently collected such information, we will promptly delete it.
In compliance with COPPA, a parent or legal guardian may request from us to review, delete or stop the collection of personally identifiable information relating to their child or any child in their legal custody who is under 13 years of age. You may do so in one of two ways.
If you know the user name and password, follow the instructions below regarding Changing Your Preferences and Personal Information, or you may contact us by letter, phone or email using the address information provided at the bottom of this page.
If you request that no further information about your child be collected or used, we will be required to terminate your child’s ability to use any part of the Service that requires a user to “sign in.”
How to Contact Administration
If you have a privacy concern regarding Rending the Veil, or this policy, and if you cannot satisfactorily resolve it through the use of this web site, you should then write to us by email to email@example.com .
If you object to any sharing of your personal information that may be permitted under this policy, you may do so by writing us at the above address. We will take reasonable steps to accommodate your requests as they relate to our advertising practices. In some instances, honoring your requests may interfere with or preclude your ability to use the Service or may require us to terminate our relationship with you.
You can edit your Rending the Veil account information at any time. Most personal information you may provide is entirely optional. For example, to the extent that parents are considering whether to permit their children to use the Service, we do not condition a child’s participation based upon their provision of any more personal information than is necessary to operate the Service.
You can delete your Rending the Veil account at any time; however, please note that some personal information, primarily your contact information, may remain in RTV‘s records to the extent necessary to protect Rending the Veil‘s legal interests or document compliance with regulatory requirements.